Sunday 25 November 2012

Thinking back to Vietnam...


This year on holiday I ventured off to Vietnam for a couple of weeks. I am so passionate about this fantastic country and could ramble on for hours about it but I will try not to bore y'all ;) I've decided to write this blog post about Vietnam just to give y'all a little insight into what it's like. It's a shame I didn't I didn't have this blog at the time I went!


Vietnam!


Well, where do I start, there's literally so much to say I may have to create separate blog post about it! When I first found out I was going to Vietnam I was highly skeptical about it... however no matter what image springs to mind when you think of Vietnam, let me tell you this..... it was AMAZING! 
From exploring the amazing and beautiful Ho Chi Min City to laying on the beaches in southern Vietnam. 


First stop: Ho Chi Min City is a beautiful city, which strangely resembles Paris but I guess that is due to the strong French influence in Vietnam. It is a maze of motorbikes which make crossing the road a real adrenaline rush as there's no traffic lights! We visited loads of sights in Ho Chi Min City, the war museum was one them. It was a great experience going there and it really hit home how devastating the war in Vietnam must have been. Overall though, Ho Chi Min City (or Saigon as you may know it) was a beautiful city! Definitely recommend a visit there! :)

Motorbikes!

Incense Swirls in Buddhist Temple
Prayer Wall (people write prayers and they get put up on this wall) in Buddhist Temple.
I think this is such a lovely idea
Mass of Motorbikes!

Next stop was the Mekong Delta which is a part of Southern Vietnam that have zillions of rivers in it! The best way to get around here was by boat. The countryside was beautiful and the people were so lovely and welcoming! Over the 4 days that I was in the Mekong Delta for I went on a lot of transport! Eg. boats, motorbikes, cars, canoes. It was amazing fun!
We also went to a coconut farm, the people there were working away for only about 1p a week. It made me realize how lucky I am to have what I do <3

Women in a Paddy Field (where they grow rice!)

So so many coconuts!



Looking cool in a traditional hat ;)

So many boats!

Lastly to the BEACH!! :D To finish my little Vietnamese adventure was a week chilling at the beautiful beaches of Mui Ne in south Vietnam! It was so hot and extremely humid, but all the strawberry lassies I had kept me cool! One morning I got up bright and early and went to the sand dunes and sand sliding! Sand sliding is when you sit on a mat and wizz down a huge sand dune! Awesome fun! Never been so covered in sand in my life!!
Feeling summery :)



Sand sliding! :O

Palm trees beauty 


Drinking out of a coconut with my mother :)



So this was just a really really tiny insight into my time in Vietnam. I hope this has inspired you to consider a trip! This country has definatly inspired me :)

Laura xoxo














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting! It's very much appreciated!
xx