Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lifestyle // Winter Walks are the Best Remedy

Winter has felt like a long old season, it always does. Even though January is out the way and Spring is on the horizon, I still have a bout of the winter blues. I have never been a lover of cold climates, and living in England makes chilly weather unescapable. Seeing pictures on Instagram of people who live in hotter climes, like LA, always makes me feel slightly envious as I long for some vitamin D and, of course, a (natural) tan. Final year of uni work is also not helping the long winter go any quicker, and having what feels like a zillion deadlines doesn't help lift my mood. Honestly, final year of uni is waaaay more difficult than I expected, with CV writing, job applying and deadline achieving turning me into one big ball of stress! 

I am a country girl at heart, being bought up in the midst of the Kent and Sussex countryside, you can't not be. So something that I always find de-stresses and elevates my mood during winter (and any time of year) are long country walks. They're fab when you need to clear your head and get out the house, as the cold weather seems to make me go into hibernation. I currently live in a city with no access to car, making my country walk fantasy hard to fulfil. However, just down the road from my flat is a canal and park where me and my boyfriend love to go for walks. And this particular Sunday that's exactly what we decided to do.
Sunglasses: ASOS
Leather Jacket: Topshop
Jumper: Forever21
Jeans: H&M
Boots: New Look


On a recent trip back to Kent, me and my mum decided to do what we always do, and go to the Ashdown Forest in Sussex for a long walk. After our walks we always head back home to my tabby cat Alfie, and sit with a cup of tea and a slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake by the fire. My FAVE. This walk was particularly freezing as it started snowing mid walk - hence why I began the walk in a cardigan and ended it with a coat and scarf on top!


Cardigan: American Eagle

Scarf: Primark


Coat - H&M

Cute little passageways in Sevenoaks
Where are some of your favourite places to go for walks near/in your hometown? And what's your fave thing to do to cure the winter blues? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting! It's very much appreciated!
xx